Redwood Pharma arranging partnering meetings during JPMorgan Healthcare Conference 2020 in San Francisco
Redwood Pharma will be arranging RP101 partnering meetings during the upcoming JPMorgan Healthcare Conference between Jan. 13 and Jan. 15, 2020 in San Francisco, CA.
Redwood Pharma is a Sweden-based ophthalmic company seeking partnering, development and other business collaborations for RP101, our lead program. RP101 is a novel, topical treatment for post-menopausal women suffering from chronic, moderate-to-severe dry eye disease (DED). This Phase II product candidate consists of a low-dose estrogen analog formulated in IntelliGel, a proprietary controlled-release drug delivery platform, and will be the first hormonal therapy for DED targeted to specific underlying biological mechanisms in critical tissues in and around the eye. We initiated a randomized, placebo-controlled multicenter Phase II trial where the first patient was dosed in February 2019, with last patient recruited in August 2019 and topline results expected in Q1 2020.
- Serious unmet medical need ($3bn global DED market) and well-defined addressable market – 7% of all post-menopausal women suffer from moderate-to-severe DED, 10m in the US & Europe alone
- Estrogen – a safe and effective API found in 500+ products sold globally. RP101 will deliver a topical, low dose to the eye
- Novel IntelliGel drug delivery platform well-suited for ophthalmic use – increases bioavailability, reduces number of doses
- Strong safety profile and efficacy data, including positive data from 2 previous Phase II trials in the US of 138 patients demonstrating safety profile and improvement of both signs and symptoms in post-menopausal women with moderate-to-severe DED
- Phase II data in Q1 2020, with GMP production established and clear path to commercialization
- Strong IP and market exclusivity
To arrange a meeting, please contact:
Martin Vidaeus, CEO Redwood Pharma AB (publ.)
Tel: +46 (0) 70 232 29 29
About Redwood Pharma
Redwood Pharma develops ophthalmic products for unmet medical needs. The Company’s first project is the development of drug candidate RP101 with a known active substance against chronic dry eye in postmenopausal women who have moderate to severe symptoms. With the drug delivery platform IntelliGel the release of active substances is controlled. Through the use of IntelliGel, Redwood Pharma can also improve dosing of other established drugs. Redwood Pharma’s strength lies in formulation and early clinical development. Revenues will be generated through licensing agreements with pharmaceutical companies that have capabilities to manufacture and sell commercial products worldwide.
Redwood Pharma AB (publ.) is listed on Spotlight Stock Market (Ticker: REDW.ST, ISIN: SE008294789).
For more information visit: www.redwoodpharma.com